The ICBM 2016 will take place in Melbourne from December 7th to December 10th, 2016.
Please follow this link for more information: http://www.icbm2016.com/
ISBM is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the following awards, to be presented at the International Congress of Behavioral Medicine, Melbourne, December 2016.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Distinguished Scientist Award
- Outstanding New Investigator Award
- Distinguished Career Contribution Award
- Contributions to International Collaborations Award
Detailed information on the awards as well as on the nomination procedure can be found here:
Our colleague and valuable supporter of ICBM since its inception, Professor Jane Wardle, died on 20th October 2015. She was Professor of Clinical Psychology and Director of the Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Research Centre at University College London. She was a pioneer of health psychology, and a leading light in two separate fields: eating and obesity; and cancer screening and prevention. Jane published over 600 peer-reviewed papers and had an h-index of 84, but the quality and depth of her work is more important than any metrics.
Her many roles included:
· Founding editor of the British Journal of Health Psychology
· Chair of the Division of Health Psychology of the British Psychological Society in 2000–2001.
· Fellow of the British Academy
· Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Behavioral Medicine since 1993.
· Active participant as presenter, symposium convenor, Track Chair or Co-Chair, and organiser at almost every International Congress of Behavioral Medicine held.
Jane was very generous with her time, and was an inspiration and mentor to many students and early-career researchers.
From old to new: The ISBM successfully launched its new, modernized logo.
The International Journal of Behavioural Medicine (IJBM), the official journal of the ISBM, issues a call for papers for a special issue on 'E-health interventions for addictive behaviors'. If
you are interested, please find the call for papers here.